CHAOSSweekly (January 16-20, 2023)
Change to Communications Working Group Meetings
The Communications Working Group is changing a few things with regard to their meetings:
- Meeting is changing from a weekly cadence to twice a week, 30 minutes each
- Meetings will happen on Mondays and Thursdays
- Time of the meeting moves to 9:30 am US Central/Chicago
- Zoom Link moves back to the CHAOSS link: https://zoom.us/my/chaoss
Remember you can always see a fully updated CHAOSS calendar on our website: https://chaoss.community/chaoss-calendar/
Did You Know About the Software Workshops at CHAOSSconEU?
Did you know that CHAOSSconEU 2023 features afternoon tracks and workshops dedicated to GrimoireLab and Augur? Learn from project leaders who will cover everything from installation tips to advanced implementation of metrics. As a reminder, CHAOSScon is Feb 3, 2023 right before FOSDEM. Registration is open and you can learn more about this conference on the CHAOSScon EU 2023 website.
Hope you can join us!
Next Onboarding Session for New Chaotics
The CHAOSS community continues to grow! To make the onboarding process a little easier, Elizabeth Barron (CHAOSS Community Manager) and Ruth Ikegah (CHAOSS Africa Community Lead) will be hosting the next Onboarding Session on February 1, 2023 at 11:00 am US Central/Chicago time. We know this time is not convenient for everyone, but this is just a start and we will add and iterate as we go.
This meeting will cover:
- General overview of CHAOSS
- How you can begin contributing
- How to get started with using the metrics
We hope you can join to meet other newcomers and learn about CHAOSS! You can convert to your time zone here.
Recent Topics in our Weekly Community Meeting
If it’s been a while since you attended a weekly CHAOSS Community Meeting, we’ve had lots to talk about! Some recent topics that have come up include:
- Launching Discourse in the next few weeks
- Creating a CHAOSS Ambassadors Group to support and recognize CHAOSS advocates
- Creating a CHAOSS Onboarding team to help newcomers to the project
- Potentially launching new groups for Community Managers and Event Organizers to understand their metrics needs
- 2023 Goals of our super popular OSPO WG
- Adding links to stable URLs to all our metrics
- CHAOSScon details and planning
We know this timing doesn’t work for everyone but you are highly encouraged to connect with us here if you can or to watch the recordings and connect on Slack. These weekly meetings happen every Tuesday at 11:00 am US Central/Chicago time at https://zoom.us/my/chaoss. (You can convert to your time zone here.) Hope to see you there!
All calls use our CHAOSS community Zoom link: https://zoom.us/my/chaoss. All meetings are listed in the US Central Time (Chicago) timezone, currently on Daylight Savings Time. (Convert into your local time here). You can also subscribe to the CHAOSS Calendar, or join the #general channel on Slack for meeting reminders.
Monday, January 23, 2023
9:30am Communications Working Group (Minutes and Agenda) (30 minute meeting)
Tuesday, January 24
9:00am CHAOSS Office Hours for Newcomers (no agenda)
10:00am Evolution WG (Minutes and agenda)
11:00am CHAOSS Weekly Sync (Minutes and Agenda)
Wednesday, January 25
10:00am Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion WG Meeting (Minutes and Agenda)
Thursday, January 26
8:00am CHAOSS Africa Community Meeting (Minutes and Agenda)
9:30am Communications Working Group (Minutes and Agenda)
11:00am OSPO Working Group (Minutes and Agenda)
1:00pm Risk Working Group (Minutes and Agenda)