Originally published at: CHAOSSweekly (July 3-7, 2023) - CHAOSS
CHAOSS at FOSSY in Portland, OR
Next week, CHAOSS will be at FOSSY in Portland, Oregon with our very first booth! If you’ll be at that conference, you should definitely stop by and get a CHAOSS sticker! You can also sign up to win a raffle by answering a few questions about how you think about metrics in your open source project. We’re giving away an awesome LEGO Globe so make sure to stop by!
We also have quite a few CHAOTICS who will be giving presentations at the conference. These talks won’t be recorded so you can only catch them in person!
- Dawn Foster, Contributor Growth Strategies for Open Source Projects
- Georg Link, Building and Supporting Open Source Communities Through Metrics
- Enock Kasaadha, Beyond Diversity: Creating an Inclusive Culture in FOSS Communities
- Elizabeth Barron & Justin Flory, Onboarding Newcomers – More Than Just CONTRIBUTING.md
- Sophia Vargas, Can We Combat Maintainer Burnout with Proactive Metrics?
- Ildikó Váncsa, The Hidden Challenges of Inclusive Collaboration
- Stephen Jacobs, Identifying Common Issues, and Potential Solutions, Across Sectors Doing Open Work
- Sriram Ramkrishna, Enabling Accelerated AI and Data Workflows on CPUs, GPUs and FPGAs through oneAPI
- Josh Simmons, Conflu, con crud, and COVID-19: the time for Health and Safety policies is yesterday
And don’t forget to join our #fossy2023 channel if you’ll be there, so we can coordinate and connect with each other.
CHAOSS on Instagram
CHAOSS now has an Instagram account so make sure to follow for some amazing CHAOTIC photography. You can follow us at @chaossproject.
Next DEI Event Badger Orientation July 11
If you are interested in becoming a new Badger for our DEI Event Badging program, there is an orientation scheduled for July 11, 2023 at 12:00 US Central / Chicago time (right after the Weekly Community Call). You don’t have to register for this orientation and you can simply show up. If you’d like to be included on the invitation, so that it’s added to your personal calendar, just let Elizabeth Barron know or fill out our General Interest Form. This is a great way to contribute to the CHAOSS project in a non-coding way, and you don’t need to have much experience with CHAOSS to begin.
Meeting Summaries and Recordings
This was a light week for meetings because of the US Holiday. But here we are!
You can subscribe to the #meeting-recap tag or the Meeting Summaries category to be notified of new meeting summaries in Discourse. Feel free to continue async conversations there or in Slack. We hope these summaries are useful! Let us know how we can improve them.
All calls use our CHAOSS Community Zoom link (https://zoom.us/my/chaoss). All meetings listed here are in US Central / Chicago Time Zone, currently on Daylight Savings Time (UTC -5). You can convert to your local time here. You can also subscribe to the CHAOSS Calendar or watch for meeting reminders that are posted daily in the #general channel in Slack.
Monday, July 10
10:00 am DEI Project Badging Coordination (no agenda)
Tuesday, July 11
4:00 am CHAOSS Africa Developers Sync (no agenda)
8:00 am Getting Started with Augur Development (no agenda)
9:00 am Newcomer Hangout (no agenda)
11:00 am CHAOSS Weekly Community Call (Minutes and Agenda)
12:00 pm New DEI Badger Orientation (no agenda)
Wednesday, July 12
8:30 am Community Knowledgebase Meeting (Minutes and Agenda)
10:00 am DEI Working Group Meeting (Minutes and Agenda)
11:00 am University OSPO Working Group (Minutes and Agenda)
Thursday, July 13
9:00 am CHAOSS Africa Community Call (Minutes and Agenda)
11:00 am OSPO Working Group (Minutes and Agenda)
12:00 pm Scientific Software Working Group (Minutes and Agenda)